60 Second Stress Busters
It’s been a day. You have just had it with work. Your relationship. The noisy neighbors. Politics. Everything. You feel really stressed out. What can you do? Here are a few simple, surprising stress busters that can give you almost immediate relief.
1. Go outside for a short break. Take a walk. Breathe deeply. Being outside in nature reduces stress and boosts overall health – even if it’s just for a few minutes.
2. Do one simple task for you. According to experts, tackling small tasks and checking them off a list can reduce stress. Especially if these items are on your personal ‘to do’ list. So back up the photos on your computer, make a hair appointment, download a recipe, or schedule a date with your significant other.
3. Watch a funny video. Having a good laugh contributes to overall well-being and stress reduction. Maybe those silly cat videos on Facebook could have a redeeming value! Laughter can be the best medicine of all.
4. Plan some fun. Having something you love to do to look forward to may help dissipate stress. If your schedule is all work, you’re more likely to become stressed or anxious. It’s good to have something you enjoy on the horizon.
5. Pet your pet. Petting an animal lowers our stress level. Spend some time with your favorite animal companion.
6. Declutter your environment. Is it nearly impossible to see your desk through all the papers and other objects piled on top? Your environment can definitely contribute to stress.
7. If you still feel stressed, see us for Nutrition Response Testing to determine if your adrenal glands or thyroid are misbehaving.
Dr. Thorburn is a Registered Nurse and a Doctor of Chiropractic. She also has advanced training in nutrition. Take advantage of her 46 years of experience!