60 Second Chiropractic
Chiropractic care does wonders for the spine, neck, and upper and lower back. But did you know that chiropractic is a great source of healing for many other ailments?
• Jaw – Excessive stress, teeth grinding, and spinal problems can cause TMJ (temporomandibular joint) disorders. Skilled chiropractic care can directly rebalance the muscles of the jaw.
• Shoulder – Many shoulder problems originate in the area where the nerves branch out from the spinal cord and exit the neck. Shoulder pain or pain radiating down the arm is often accompanied by weakness, numbness, or tingling in the wrist or hands. Treating arm joints and muscles directly as well as improving nerve flow provides relief.
• Elbow – Classic tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis) is a repetitive strain injury that often affects the dominant arm. It is seen among carpenters, mechanics, office workers, cashiers, and anyone who performs repeated hammering, grasping, and twisting motions. Therapy to the area and realigning the bones of the arm can resolve this issue.
• Wrist – Carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS) is usually due to compression of the nerve as it passes through the band of ligaments in the wrist. Very often we see that a bone in the wrist is out of alignment, putting pressure on this nerve. A wrist adjustment fixes this right up!
• Hip and Pelvis – The hip and pelvis are the foundation of the spine. Misalignments here can cause back pain, hip pain, and leg pain. Chiropractic adjustment to the hips can produce excellent results.
• Foot and Ankle – The most common foot and ankle problem we see is “pronation” – the arches of the feet are weak, and the arch flattens. This rotates the ankle, knee, and pelvis and leads to many problems. We use orthotics to realign the foot.
More and more people are choosing chiropractic care first — before medication and surgery. Chiropractic is safe, natural, and works with your body to create optimum health. Give us a call and make an appointment. You will be glad you did!
Dr. Thorburn is a Registered Nurse and a Doctor of Chiropractic. She also has advanced training in nutrition. Take advantage of her 46 years of experience!