The 60 Second Safe Eating Plan
We have all been at home a lot over the past two months, and I hear there has been a lot of eating going on! Maybe too many sweets, carbs, the wrong kind of fats. Yes, the Standard American Diet (SAD). It’s time to think healthy! Here are some tips for getting back on track.
1. Eliminate all sodas-even diet.
2. Eliminate any foods containing high-fructose corn syrup.
3. Reduce your intake of bread, rice and rice cakes, pasta, sweets, and fruit juice.
4. Eat five full servings of fresh vegetables daily.
5. Eat good fats – olive oil, avocados, and nuts. Never eat hydrogenated anything.
Dr. Thorburn is a Registered Nurse and a Doctor of Chiropractic. She also has advanced training in nutrition.