Six Surprising Stress Busters
It’s been a day. You’ve just had it with work. The commute. The noisy neighbors. Politics. Everything. You feel really stressed out. What can you do?
Here are a few simple, surprising stress busters that can give you almost immediate relief.
1. Go outside for a short break. Take a walk. Breathe deeply. Being outside in nature reduces stress and boosts overall health – even if it’s just for a few minutes.
2. Do one simple task for you. According to experts, tackling small tasks and checking them off a list can reduce stress. And especially if these items are on your personal ‘to do’ list. So back up the photos on your computer, make a hair appointment, download a recipe, or schedule a date with your significant other.
3. Watch a funny video. Having a good laugh contributes to overall well-being and stress reduction. Maybe those silly cat videos on Facebook could have a redeeming value! Whether its a clip from SNL, America’s Funniest Home Videos or whatever tickles your fancy, laughter can be the best medicine of all.
4. Plan some fun. Having something you love to do to look forward to can help dissipate stress. If your schedule is all work, you’re more likely to become stressed or anxious. Everyone needs some relief! Whether it’s something big like a cruise, a yoga retreat, or a concert or small like a pedicure on Saturday, it’s good to have something you enjoy on the horizon.
5. Pet your pet. There’s a reason why therapy dogs have become a popular addition to hospitals and convalescent centers. Petting an animal really does lower our stress level. So spend some time with your favorite animal companion. If you don’t or can’t have your own, make friends with a neighborhood dog or cat. They’ll be happy to have a new human buddy.
6. Declutter your environment. Look around you. Is it nearly impossible to see your desk through all the papers and other objects piled on top? Your environment can definitely contribute to stress. Clearing the clutter will give you the order to focus more clearly. And hopefully, with less stress!
What makes Dr. Charlene Thorburn so different from other Chiropractors? In addition to her Chiropractic degree, she is also a Registered Nurse (RN). Dr. Thorburn is also a nutritional professional with over 30 years of research and knowledge in the areas of nutrition and the healing quality of natural supplements. This gives her a well-rounded medical perspective and a unique ability to diagnose, treat, and get great results for her patients.
We love great Google reviews! Visit us on Google at https://bit.ly/2R4uYWH and share your experience.