Clean What Day?
If you’ve lived in California for any amount of time, you know there are so many issues that affect our air. Too many cars on the road, smoke from an expanding fire season, industrial pollution, pesticides, and more.
California Clean Air Day is a multifaceted program built on the idea that shared experiences can unite people to action to improve our community health. This statewide effort is encouraging individuals and communities across the state to participate in ways that makes sense for them. Wednesday, October 3, 2018 has been designated as the first Clean Air Day in California. The idea is to bring to our awareness how each of us can be part of the solution instead of part of the problem.
If you go to their website –http://www.cleanairday.org – you can choose from a menu of activities to clear the air starting by taking the Clean Air Pledge.
Here are our suggestions for Clean Air Day, and every day!
• Get an air filtration machine for your home and workplace. You may not be able to control the outside environment, but you can purify the inside air.
• Use natural cleaning products in your home and business.
• Use electric hedge trimmers and leaf blowers instead of gas-powered polluters. Or, better yet, consider using hand tools instead.
• Do not use pesticides. Wash off the bugs with water. Look online for natural insect repellants you can mix up and spray on your garden.
• Buy a fuel-efficient vehicle. Slow down, drive less by bundling your trips, check your tire pressure, and avoid stop-and-go traffic.
OK, so take a deep breath, slow down, and think clean air!