Avoiding Holiday Stress
Like the classic Christmas song goes, “It’s the hap-happiest season of all!” But at times, the holidays can be difficult and downright stressful. Here are some healthy tips for avoiding holiday stress and making it your happiest season of all!
• Keep nutrition in balance. Be sure to eat ample portions of fresh vegetables and low-fat protein. Try to keep carbs low and drink plenty of water.
• Be nourished. Make sure to take your vitamins and supplements daily. Missing them two or three days a week can really impact how you feel.
• Don’t over commit. How many parties did you plan to hit on Friday night? Three open houses and a dinner, and all in different areas of town. How is that fun? Think about what is practical to do, and make some healthy choices. Rushing around in traffic can be a serious stressor. Your real friends will understand.
• Get plenty of sleep. With holiday gatherings and late night jaunts to the mall to shop for goodies, it’s easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle. Don’t neglect your zzz’s.
• Stay away from toxic people. If there are family members who push your buttons (easy for them – they installed them!), be courteous but keep the visit brief.
December Acupuncture Special…
We want to give all of our patients an opportunity to experience the healing power of acupuncture. Acupuncture can be effective for pain management, stress and fatigue, digestive issues, migraines, skin disorders, and other common health issues. It has been known to promote overall well-being, balance, energy, immunity in the body. Acupuncture has been proven to help with women’s issues such as hormonal balance, PMS, and infertility.
Through the end of the year, we will be offering a special for first-time acupuncture patients. The regular price for a first visit is $120, but the special offer is only $79. Please call our office for an appointment with acupuncturist Jennifer Lavoro L.Ac. She sees patients on Mondays, Fridays, and Saturdays.
Until next time…
Yours in health,