Celebrate Earth Month with Us!
Greetings from Dr. Thorburn:
April 22 marks the 46th anniversary of Earth Day, and on this day over a billion people in 192 countries are expected to take action to protect our shared environment.
But why wait for just one day? Why not celebrate and care for our precious environment all month long? The changes you make today have a greater likelihood to become a part of your lifestyle if you repeat them over time.
Here are a few great suggestions from the official Earth Day website with a few of our own thrown in for good measure:
• Stop using disposable plastic bags. We all have a collection of cloth bags gathering dust in the trunk of our cars. Use them instead. Remember to bring them in to the store. And if you do forget, ask for a paper bag.
• Start composting. If you live where you have a yard or garden, you can compost. More than a billion pounds of food are thrown away each year. Help make a difference by turning your food waste into soil.
• Buy local produce. Eat fresher and healthier by buying local produce. Look for the closest Farmer’s Market to where you live and become a regular shopper.
• Reduce junk mail. Instead of just recycling the endless pile of paper waste in your mailbox each week (I don’t mean your bills – ads and circulars are what I’m talking about!) you can call the companies who are sending them and tell them that you just don’t want it.
• Recycle your e-waste. Every year, thousands of old electronic devices — we’re talking big old TV’s, computer printers, etc. — are tossed into landfills, polluting the environment when they can be recycled. Go on line and find out where you can take your old electronics for recycling.
• Use less water. The city of Los Angeles just announced that we are reaching our water conservation goals. This is no time to get lazy! Turn the water off when you brush your teeth. Take shorter showers. Run the clothes and dishwasher with full loads only. The drought isn’t over yet.
Happy Earth Month!
Nutrition Deficiency Testing on sale – our March-April special celebrating National Nutrition Month.. Do you have frequent headaches? PMS? Allergies? Rashes? Trouble sleeping? These and many other chronic issues are often alleviated with targeted nutrition. From now through the end of April, we are offering a deep discount on your first Nutrition Deficiency Testing appointment. The first appointment is regularly priced at $120, but through April 2016 it’s only $29! Take advantage of the savings and get to the root of your chronic problem! Today is the day to get healthy!
Until next time…
Yours in health,
Thorburn Chiropractic and Wellness Center
A Winner of the Top Doc L.A. Award
Increasing Health & Vitality for Over 30 Years
1612 W. Burbank Blvd., Burbank, CA 91506
Be sure to follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/thorburnchiropractic twitter @ThorburnChiro and also find us on Instagram at ThorburnChiro and check out our monthly contests and promotions!