Avoiding Colds and Flu during the Holidays
Greetings from Dr. Thorburn:
We’re in the middle of cold and flu season, so here are some tips for staying healthy as we sail through the holidays:
• Wash your hands more often and avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth. Germs and viruses gain access to our bodies through our eyes, nasal passages, mouth and ears.
• Eat more fresh fruits, vegetables, and fresh salads, focusing on consuming chemical-free, whole foods.
• Maintain stable blood sugar by eliminating sugar and sugary products from your diet. (Easier said than done during the holidays!) Sugar has been proven to weaken the cells of our immune system.
• Vitamin C and Echinacea (herb or tea) have been proven as immune boosters when taken at the beginning of the cold and flu season.
• Get good sleep. Consistent, adequate sleep is vitally important to overall health and a well-functioning immune system.
• Don’t forget water. Make sure to maintain your usual hydration, especially if you choose to consume alcoholic beverages. Alcohol dehydrates the system and leaves it vulnerable to illness.
• Most of all, enjoy the season!
Our monthly special for December is $10 off a half hour massage for a gift…or for you! The regular price for our half hour massage is $45, but for the month of December, mention the secret password “heavenly” and pay only $35 for a massage for you or a holiday gift certificate. Call the office at 818-841-1313 to redeem this special offer!
Join us in giving to those less fortunate this holiday season … The Salvation Army’s Angel Tree program provides new clothing or toys for children of families in need through the support of donors. Thorburn Chiropractic has angel tags with the first name, age and gender of a child in need of presents available to their patients. Contributors take one or more tags and purchase appropriate gifts for the child or children described on the tags. Stop by and pick up yours!
Come visit our new acupuncturist Daphne Lim L.Ac and receive a special discount now through December 12! We’re very excited about adding quality wellness services to our office, and to celebrate we’re offering a special introductory discount for your first acupuncture treatment. The first visit is regularly $120, but through December 12, your first visit is only $78! Call today to book your appointment, 818-841-1313. Here’s a photo of our beautiful new Acupuncture Treatment Center!
Daphne Lim L.Ac. is a board certified Acupuncturist and Herbalist who has been practicing in the Los Angeles area for several years. She uses acupuncture as a tool and guide to bring ease and attention to the places that need healing. She utilizes traditional forms of acupuncture, trigger point therapy, individualized herbal formulas, and more to support your health goals. Her expertise includes acupuncture to increase fertility and for facial rejuvenation.
Cosmetic acupuncture is an ancient beauty secret used to minimize fine lines and wrinkles. Treatment results in healthy, glowing skin. Increased collagen production nourishes, oxygenates, and moisturizes from the inside out.
Until next time…
Yours in health,
Thorburn Chiropractic and Wellness Center
A Winner of the Top Doc L.A. Award,
Increasing Health & Vitality for Over 30 Years
1612 W. Burbank Blvd., Burbank, CA 91506
Be sure to follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/thorburnchiropractic twitter @ThorburnChiro and also find us on Instagram at ThorburnChiro and check out our monthly contests and promotions!