The Secret to Happy Holidays – Good Digestion!
Greetings from Dr. Thorburn:
Digestion is the process of converting the food we eat into substances we can use on a cellular level. Did you know that over 70 percent of your immune system is in your digestive track? This makes healthy digestion a key element in your overall wellness. While the tendency is to overindulge during the upcoming holiday season, here are six simple steps you can take for better digestive health:
1. Chew your food. Chewing your food well allows your saliva to start breaking down the food for smoother digestion.
2. Handle stress. When you’re stressed, the fight-or-flight reaction begins and digestion slows. Your body shuts down blood flow, which affects digestive muscles. Take time to relax, breathe deeply, and let go of the stresses in your life.
3. Get regular exercise. When you exercise, you support the muscles of your intestines, which maintain regularity. Exercise helps to reduce stress, supporting healthy digestion.
4. Take supplements. I can recommend supplements targeted to your personal needs. From enzymes to probiotics, we have a full range of food-based nutritional products to support your digestive health.
5. Stay hydrated. Drinking pure, fresh water supports regularity and the health of the digestive systems.
6. Eat more fiber. Eat a well-balanced diet, and avoid processed foods, sugars and highly refined carbohydrates. Fiber-rich foods are excellent for digestion.
Our November monthly special is 20% off our complete line of digestive products, including Enzycore, Multizyme and Zypan. Since digestive challenges can center around enzyme imbalances, adding additional enzymes through whole food supplements can assist the body’s digestion and contribute to overall good health. Stay healthy and feel great through the holiday season with a well-balanced digestive tract!
Until next time…
Yours in health,
Thorburn Chiropractic and Wellness Center
A Winner of the Top Doc L.A. Award,
Increasing Health & Vitality for Over 30 Years
1612 W. Burbank Blvd., Burbank, CA 91506
Be sure to follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/thorburnchiropractic twitter @ThorburnChiro and also find us on Instagram at ThorburnChiro and check out our monthly contests and promotions!