Six Steps for Better Digestion
Greetings from Dr. T:
Did you know that over 70 percent of your immune system is in your digestive track? This makes healthy digestion a key element in your overall wellness.
Here are six steps you can take for better digestive health:
1. Chew your food. Chewing your food well allows your saliva to start breaking down the food for smoother digestion.
2. Handle stress. When you’re stressed, the fight-or-flight reaction begins and digestion slows. Your body shuts down blood flow, which affects digestive muscles. Take time to relax, breathe deeply, and let go of the stresses in your life.
3. Get regular exercise. When you exercise, you support the muscles of your intestines, which maintain regularity. Exercise helps to reduce stress, supporting healthy digestion.
4. Take supplements. I can recommend supplements targeted to your personal needs. From enzymes to probiotics, we have a full range of food-based nutritional products to support your digestive health.
5. Stay hydrated. Drinking pure, fresh water supports regularity and the health of the digestive systems.
6. Eat more fiber. Eat a well-balanced diet, and avoid processed foods, sugars and highly refined carbohydrates. Fiber-rich foods are excellent for digestion.
Next time you’re in the office, check out our July specials – 20% off all of our digestive products including Multizyme, Zypan and Cataplex AC.
Until next time…
Yours in health,
Thorburn Chiropractic and Wellness Center
A Winner of the Top Doc L.A. Award
Increasing Health & Vitality for 30 Years
1612 W. Burbank Blvd., Burbank, CA 91506
Be sure to follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/thorburnchiropractic twitter @ThorburnChiro and also find us on Instagram at ThorburnChir