Dr. Thorburn’s Health Tip – Finding Headache Triggers – Chiropractor Burbank Ca
Greetings to you,
Headaches come in many shapes and sizes. There are migraines, tension headaches, toxic headaches, blood sugar headaches, TMJ headaches (related to the jaw), adrenal fatigue headaches and a few more. There are things that can “trigger” or set-off a headache. When you get a headache, look back to the previous 24 hours and see if any of these things could have triggered it. Then you can correct that source of the headache.
1. Week-end headaches: When your sleep cycle gets disturbed by staying up late/sleeping in. This can set off a headache.
2. Paint and other fumes: If you need to paint, get “No VOC paint” (no Volatile Organic Chemicals) and air your room out well during the painting and drying time. Sleep in another area until the room is dry.
3. Dehydration: Eating lots of fruits and vegetables gives you water as well as minerals that will reduce dehydration.
4. Hunger and skipping meals.
5. Too much caffeine and also getting off of caffeine too quickly when you decide to quit.
6. Inactivity: Exercise produces endorphins, which are natural chemicals in the brain that have pain-relieving properties. Putting more activity and movement into your day can reduce headaches.
7. Sleep deprivation: This leads to adrenal fatigue and adrenal fatigue produces significant head pain.
8. Avoid triggering foods like: Red wine, beer, MSG, chocolate, aged cheese, sauerkraut, processed meats, aspartame, nuts, bananas and saccharine.
The best solution to headaches is to find the source and fix it. Make sure that the bones of your neck, jaw, and back are properly aligned. Support the health of your organs with natural whole-food supplements.
Until next time…
Yours in health,
Dr. Charlene Thorburn D.C., R.N.
A Winner of the Top Doc L.A. Award
Increasing Health and Vitality for 27 Years
1612 W. Burbank Blvd., Burbank, CA. 91506