Dr. Thorburns Health Tip – How to Avoid Colds and Flus
Greetings to you,
This is the season for colds and flus, so let’s avoid them every way we can! Here are some good tips:
1. Wash your hands often and avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth. Viruses and germs gain access to our bodies not through our airways and respiratory tract, but through our eyes, nasal passages, mouth and ears.
2. Eat more fresh fruits, vegetables and salads and focus on consuming chemical-free, whole foods.
3. Maintain a stable blood sugar by eliminating sugar and sugary products from your diet. Sugar is proven to weaken the cells of our immune system.
4. Vitamin C and echinacea (herb or tea) can be helpful to take at the start of the cold and flu season — which is now.
5. Sleep well – Consistent, adequate sleep is vitally important to overall health and a well functioning immune system.
Yours in health,
Dr. Charlene Thorburn D.C., R.N.
Thorburn Chiropractic and Wellness
A Winner of the Top Doc L.A. Award
Increasing Health for 27 Years
1612 W. Burbank Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91506