Dr. Thorburn’s Health Tip – Knowing Headache Triggers (Chiropractor Burbank Ca)
Headaches can come in many shapes and sizes. There are migraines, tension headaches, toxic headaches, blood sugar headaches, TMJ headaches (related to the jaw), adrenal fatigue headaches and a few more.
There are certain things that can “trigger” or set-off a headache. When you get a headache, look back to the previous 24 hours and see if any of the following things could have triggered it. Then you can correct the source and prevent them in the future.
1. Week-end headaches: When your sleep cycle gets disturbed by staying up late and/or sleeping in. This can set off a headache.
2. Paint and other fumes: If you need to paint, get “No VOC paint” (no Volatile Organic Chemicals) and air your room out well during the painting and drying time. Sleep in another area until the room is dry.
4. Hunger and skipping meals. Eat healthy foods at regular intervals.
5. Too much caffeine and also getting off of caffeine too quickly when you decide to quit.
6. Inactivity: Exercise produces endorphins, which are natural chemicals in the brain that have pain-relieving properties. Putting more activity and movement into your day can reduce headaches.
7. Sleep deprivation: This leads to adrenal fatigue and adrenal fatigue produces significant head pain.
8. Avoid triggering foods like red wine, beer, MSG, chocolate, aged cheese, sauerkraut, processed meats, aspartame, nuts, bananas and saccharine.
The best solution to headaches is to find and fix the source. Keep in mind there are other things that can also help. Ensure that the bones of your neck, jaw, and back are properly aligned by having chiropractic adjustments. Support the health of your organs with natural whole-food supplements.
For more information, contact Thorburn Chiropractic and Wellness Center at http://www.ThorburnChiropractic.com or call (818) 841-1313.