Dr. T’s Health Tip: Avoiding Colds and Flu
Greetings from Dr. T:
The cold and flu season is upon us, so here are some tips for staying healthy as we head into the holidays:
1. Wash your hands more often and avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth. Germs and viruses gain access to our bodies through our eyes, nasal passages, mouth and ears.
2. Eat more fresh fruits, vegetables, and fresh salads, focusing on consuming chemical-free, whole foods.
3. Maintain stable blood sugar by eliminating sugar and sugary products from your diet. (Easier said than done during the holidays!) Sugar has been proven to weaken the cells of our immune system.
4. Vitamin C and Echinacea (herb or tea) have been proven as immune boosters when taken at the beginning of the cold and flu season.
5. Get good sleep. Consistent, adequate sleep is vitally important to overall health and a well-functioning immune system.
6. Don’t forget water. Make sure to maintain your usual hydration, especially if you choose to consume alcoholic beverages. Alcohol dehydrates the system and leaves it vulnerable to illness.
7. Most of all, enjoy the season!
Yours in health,
Thorburn Chiropractic and Wellness Center
A Winner of the Top Doc L.A. Award
Increasing Health & Vitality for 29 Years
1612 W. Burbank Blvd., Burbank, CA 91506
Phone: 818-841-1313 Fax: 818-841-3340