Dr. Thorburn’s Health Tip – Holiday Parties
Greetings to you,
It’s the time of year for having fun at holiday parties. I have put together a few healthy eating and drinking tips here for you. Enjoy the season!
1. Engage in some good physical activity: take nice brisk walks with your loved ones and enjoy their company in the holiday season. Walks are great after a meal as they help digestion.
2. Don’t go to a party hungry: we often eat faster and more when we are hungry – therefore eat a wholesome breakfast and lunch on the day of the party.
3. Be a taster: A spoonful or two is usually enough. It’s the first bite or two that gives us the most pleasure. Enjoy everything, say no to nothing – just do it all in moderation.
4. Cinnamon balances blood sugar and reduces the ill effects of sweet foods. Stir a little into tea and drink as needed.
5. Limit high fat items such as fried food, cream-based soup, pies, salami, sausage, pastries and egg nog.
6. Drink cider, fruit juices, tea and water and try to reduce the number of alcoholic drinks. If you do drink too much and suffer the next day, drink as much water as you possibly can and eat lots of fresh fruits, vegetables and salads.
Yours in health,
Dr. Charlene Thorburn, R.N., D.C.
Thorburn Chiropractic and Wellness Center
1612 W. Burbank Blvd.
Burbank, CA. 91506
Phone: (818) 841-1313